Let our 24/7 emergency response team help you restore your business after experiencing fire damage. We have over 20 years of experience and are IICRC, FEMA, and EPA certified.
As a result of the unique behavior of smoke, property loss and damage caused by fire can be complex. The loss site
will be examined by a trained fire damage professional to determine the extent of fire, smoke, heat, and moisture
damage to the building materials.
Our experienced team of fire restoration professionals know that just because an area appears to be unaffected by fire damage, it can still be a danger to business owners.
Smoke is capable of penetrating within cavities of the building’s structure, creating hidden damage and hard to locate odors. With the knowledge of building structure possessed by Scientific Restoration Specialists Inc.’s professionals we can investigate how far fire and smoke damage has spread throughout your business.
Even the most challenging fire and smoke damage circumstances are no match for Scientific Restoration Specialists Inc.’s experienced team and equipment. We are also available 24 hours a day for times of emergency.
- Once at a fire scene, a Scientific restoration Specialists Inc. professional will test the residual soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred.
- Cleaning procedures and treatments used will be based on the information gathered during the initial fire damage pretesting.
- Smoke will migrate to cooler areas and the upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke will flow around the plumbing system, using the holes around the pipes to go from one floor to the next.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the fire damage restoration process that Scientific Restoration Specialists Inc. uses.
Types of Soot:
- Dry Smoke Residues - Results from fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, and small.
- Wet Smoke Residues - Results from smoldering fires with a low heat. The residues from these types are sticky, smeary and have pungent odors.
- Fuel Oil Soot - Furnace puff backs that will distribute fuel oil soot throughout your business.
- Protein Residues - Invisible residues that will discolor varnishes and paints. Also produces and extreme pungent odor.
- Other Residues - These residues also require cleanup to prevent damage; Tear gas, fire extinguisher and fingerprint powder.
Inspection and Pretesting:
- A Scientific Restoration Specialists Inc. professional will pretest while inspecting the property to determine the extent of fire damage and the scope of needed service for cleaning, restoration, and repairs.
- It can be vital to protect areas that were not affected by the soot and odor before the damage spreads to these areas. A Scientific Restoration Specialists Inc. professional will determine the areas that need protection from further damage. It will save you money in the long run!
- Pretesting also allows the Scientific Restoration Specialists Inc. to focus on saving important items or equipment for you.
- Once the fire damage mitigation begins, Scientific Restoration Specialists Inc. will keep you informed and answer your questions, all while working to restore your business.