Let our 24/7 emergency response team help you restore your home after experiencing fire damage. We have over 20 years of experience and are IICRC, FEMA, and EPA certified.
The complexity of property loss or destruction due to fire damage is a result of the unique behavior of smoke.
A trained fire damage professional should survey the loss site to determine the extent in which the fire, smoke, heat, and moisture have impacted the building materials and contents.
Our team of experienced fire restoration professionals know that areas seemingly unaffected by fire damage are still a danger to homeowners.
Smoke can penetrate within cavities of your home's structure, causing hidden damage and odor. The knowledge that Scientific Restoration Services Inc.'s professionals have of building structures helps them to investigate how far fire and smoke damage may have spread within your home.
Scientific Restoration Services Inc. has the equipment and the experienced team needed to handle even the most challenging destructions.
- Once at a fire scene, a Scientific restoration Services Inc. professional will test the residual soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred.
- Cleaning procedures and treatments used will be based on the information gathered during the initial fire damage pretesting.
- Smoke will migrate to cooler areas and the upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke will flow around the plumbing system, using the holes around the pipes to go from one floor to the next.
- The type of smoke may greatly determine the fire damage restoration process that Scientific Restoration Services Inc. decides is best.
Types of Soot:
- Dry Smoke Residues - Results from fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, and small.
- Wet Smoke Residues - Results from smoldering fires with a low heat. The residues from these types are sticky, smeary and have pungent odors.
- Fuel Oil Soot - Furnace puff backs that will distribute fuel oil soot throughout your home.
- Protein Residues - Invisible residues that will discolor varnishes and paints, as well as produce a powerful odor.
- Other Residues - These residues also require cleanup to prevent damage; Tear gas, fire extinguisher and fingerprint powder.
Inspection and Pretesting:
- A Scientific Restoration Services Inc. professional will pretest while inspecting the property to determine the extent of fire damage and the scope of needed service for cleaning, restoration, and repairs.
- It can be vital to protect areas that were not directly affected by the soot and odor, before the damage spreads to these spots. A Scientific Restoration Services Inc. professional will determine the areas that need protection from further damage. It will save you money in the long run!
- Pretesting also allows Scientific Restoration Services Inc. to focus on saving precious items or keepsakes for you.
- Once the fire damage mitigation begins, Scientific Restoration Services Inc. will keep you informed and clear all of your concerns, all while working to restore your home.